Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Much Needed Update

Gage has officially been working on being potty trained. We started December 30th and so far he has only had 5 accidents the entire time. I knew it had been close to time to do this but didn't want to push it. I also found diapers to be quit easy and it's also as much work for the parent to potty train I think as the child. So far I can't complain, if you ask me he has done awesome!

Allen had went to Columbus Nebraska to help some of his friends out that were participating in a team derby this weekend. He left at 5:00 a.m. Friday and got home this evening around 5:00 p.m. When Allen got home Gage said "Daddy, so glad your home." It was so cute. He also woke up this morning asking when daddy would be home. I told him today since the derby was over. He then asked if daddy took his helmet and did he junk any cars.

It has really been fun watching Gage grow into a young boy that can have a conversation. He asks questions now that actually make since.

This weekend while Allen was out of town my sister Kelli (who is newly engaged!) and I went shopping in Joplin. While we were out we thought about this and I don't think we have been shopping, other than the Parsons Wal-Mart, since BEFORE Gage was born! Anyways, I had been wanting to decorate our family room and it just hadn't happened. Well, we did it and it looks great! I can't be more pleased. I got 3 different shelves, table centerpiece, and stuff to put on the shelves. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Well, I guess it's time to get ready for another work week. It's been a fun weekend;)

No comments: