Monday, December 14, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas





Thanksgiving evening we made a chain so Gage could understand when Santa was coming. He gets to use his scissors everyday and cut 1 piece off and it took about a week for him to understand but he now understands when the chain is gone Santa will have come.
The day after Thanksgiving Gage and I got up bright and early at 7 a.m. not to go join the Black Friday shopping but to put up our Christmas decorations. We got our tree up and Grandma Hoobler came over for a couple hours and helped put the decorations up on the cabinets and helped decorate the tree. We worked all day long on the decorations inside the house.
Right about dark I headed outside to do the house lights outside. I was starting right at dusk but thought it wouldn't take any time to finish any and all Christmas decorations being inside or outside. I had all the lights hung within about 30 minutes. I went to plug the lights in to the extension cord and the wrong end was in one hand with the extension cord in the other. So, I thought that's okay I'll just string the extension cord from the back of the house over to the other side where the Christmas lights ended at. So I went to the garage and hauled out about 50' in extension cords. Good idea except I found the same end at the other. Both sides of the lights ended with the flat plug not the one with the prongs to plug into. By this time I have drug my 8' tall ladder around the house and from end to end a couple times. I finally had to take 1/2 of the lights down I had hung and re-hung them correctly. I had messed the lights up in the middle and plugged them up to each other wrong. Really hard to explain, really irritating while hanging them and really funny now looking back.

No comments: