Friday, February 13, 2009

Sick Day...Again

Well after staying up till 1:00 a.m. this morning listening to Gage cry while I lay in bed with him trying to calm him down we called it another sick day.
I did get up this morning hoping to head off to work but when he walked in the bathroom while I was blow drying my hair I knew when one of his eye's wouldn't open it wasn't good. Plus, once again, crying. So I got his eye cleaned up and called in sick to work. At 8:00 a.m. I called the Dr.'s office and they said Dr. H didn't have any openings today if I wanted to see the P.A. they could get me in. I said no, I only want to see Dr. H and then they said well if you can be here by 8:20 we can get you in! Great, but wait... it's now 8:05! Needless to say I broke a few speed limit's on the way but we did get there, even though we were about 5 minutes late.
When Dr. H asked what had been going on I told him about the throwing up and mild fever but also that last night I had found a small knot toward the back of his neck kinda back under his ears. Well my guess was right...ear infection. Also the eye's he was rubbing at all night was possibly an early showing of pink eye!
I was very glad I took him today and didn't wait any longer. After a prescription for eye drops and antibiotics we should be on our way to recovery. I sure hope so b/c Gage has been very fussy and cranky.

No comments: