Thursday, August 13, 2009

Coffeyville Demolition Derby

Daddy's #1
I am a little late posting this but Tuesday evening was the Coffeyville Interstate Fair & Rodeo's Demoliton Derby. Of coarse Allen participated. He ended up taking a fresh Chevy Wagon.
Monday evening I really wanted to take Gage over to the motorcross night but with plans for friends to come over for supper already it just didn't work out. It also rained like crazy in Coffeyville and with rain came a rained out show. So Tuesday evening we got to watch the motorcross and demolition derby.
My co-worker Chelse has been making shirts that are adorable for kids and surprised me with one for Gage. So he was cheering his daddy on proudly showing #96. Allen won his heat and went on to win the main event! He was really excited. His uncle, David Winters, won the very first demolition derby held in 1969 at the Coffeyville Interstate Fair & Rodeo. Randy Winters, Allen's dad, won 2 or 3 times in the early 80's. For those readers that didn't know, 5 years ago Tuesday night (the night of the derby) Allen's dad died a couple hours after the watching the derby. So needless to say it meant a lot for him to win the other night.
Here is an article on the fair's website
Here is a link to some photo's also on the fairs website

1 comment:

The Nutters said...

I'm so happy for Allen! I wish I could have made it..